Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Response to Afghanistan

I found the author’s way of showing us how life is The Taliban is at the root of the problem without a doubt. Now multiple generations of people are growing up to hate Americans and dehumanize women. Under the Taliban women just like Laila and Mariam are treated like baby-makers and slaves. I was glad that he finally died and that there was somewhat of a happy ending even though Mariam did not make it. I am mad that the Taliban were allowed to disappear into the mountains and allowed to go in to Pakistan. This could’ve been squashed years ago had we anticipated their escape. The Taliban are twisted cowards. The dehumanize women, kill and torture the innocent and fight using cowardly and pathetic tactics. I believe these show clearly that we should have known they would run like cowards as well. I feel that the story covers too much of a time span. It’s harder to understand the transitions because there is not as much of a break in time as in The Kite Runner movie. I did like however how the author shows two circumstances of women in Afghanistan with two different endings. I think despite the negative outcome of Mariam’s death it shows people just how screwed up the punishments of the Taliban are and how irrational they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment